Part time with opportunity to grow to full time.
The position of Office Assistant is for two companies: TeLCare Corporation, which provides customer and employee retention services, founded in 1993 and Telcom Corporation, a telecommunications consulting firm, founded in 1989. Both companies have identical ownership, work out of the same office, and share some of the same staff.
Telcare services many companies by performing telephone satisfaction and retention surveys (utilizing home-based survey agents), and mailing greeting cards and letters.
Telcom audits telephone bills on a contingency basis for large companies. We review a company’s telecommunications expenses for billing errors and cost inefficiencies. We present these refund and cost savings opportunities to our clients for a share in the return.
We are a drug-free workplace, any offer of employment is contingent on passing a drug test.
- Process data files using Excel and Access
- Administrative assistant duties include supporting the President in scheduling, client follow-up, letter composition, and all personal matters.
- General office duties include answering phones, managing office supply inventory, filing, short errands, and other general tasks.
- General bookkeeping (in QuickBooks) duties include posting A/R, A/P, and bank deposits.
- Process outgoing reports, cards, and surveys.
- Office Equipment duties include repair arrangements.
- Other duties commensurate with this position as assigned by the Office Manager and/or President of either company.
- Very organized
- High attention to detail
- Take charge attitude
- Excellent follow-through
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) not required but favorable
Technical and Language Skills Required:
- Windows 7
- Understanding of file names/extensions, directory structure, LAN drives
- Word, Excel, Access & Powerpoint 2007-2010
- Mailmerge using Word
- Letter composition
- Proof editing
- QuickBooks or equivalent small business accounting program
- Email (GroupWise or equivalent LAN-based email system)
- Internet surfing
- Computer program installation & trouble-shooting
Hours: Part time flexible hours, Mon. thru Fri. 8:00 am – 5:00pm, opportunity to grow to full time, prefer 5 days per week
Dress Code: Mon-Thurs: Professional casual; Friday: Casual, jeans okay
Growth opportunity: Responsibility and salary increases
Apply for this opportunity by clicking here and attaching your resume to the email. Only happy, well-adjusted, mature, experienced people need apply.