Need a new phone system and think a web or cloud solution is for you?
These remote or web-based solutions are great in certain situations. Telcom even uses one! However, your Senior Housing facility is not like a regular business with an office. You take care of very special people, and your new system should reflect that uniqueness!
Advantages of web-based systems for most businesses:
- Super low up-front costs: most of them just rent you or sell you low-cost desk phones, without a large upfront CapEx.
- Always on the newest software release
- Web-based portal for changes
- Staff can work from home
Disadvantages of web-based systems and advantages of premise-based system for Senior Housing facilities:
- You will have a significant permanent increase in monthly OpEx, as you are essentially “renting” your web-based system from the provider, even if you buy the desk phones
- If your internet goes down, not only does external calling fail, but you also can’t call staff internally. If you have a premise-based system, and your internet-based phone service goes down, the phone system will still allow you to call each other inside the building.
- Your staff work at the facility. For some staff, if you want them to be able to work from home, these premise-based systems are easily configured to allow remote work at no extra cost!
- Premise-based systems can be administered via in-building or external portal, just like web-based ones.
- Call routing and control of features are significantly more robust with premise-based systems.
Contact us today to find out more about we can assist you with this important decision! Remember we don’t sell any equipment!