Why Work Here?
We are a close-knit family of highly skilled, caring staff.
Hiring Company Description:
Successful Florida-based telecommunications consulting company, founded in 1989, provides high-level telecommunications consulting to large multi-site corporations for voice and data services, specializing in supporting Senior Housing Management firms.
This job offers a rewarding, fulfilling, and busy day in our beautiful Boca Raton office.
Openings are available immediately! This is NOT telemarketing. Telcom is a 33-year-old established firm.
We are a drug-free workplace, and any offer of employment is contingent on passing a drug test and 50-state criminal background search. NO exceptions.
Note: Applicants must complete a one-hour web-based assessment tool prior to being invited to interview in person. NO exceptions.
Remote worker applications will not be accepted for this position.
We are seeking a Human Resources and Operations Specialist to join our team!
- All hiring functions including screening, interviewing, hiring platform and recruiter coordination, and applicant offers
- All new-hire functions including on-boarding, desktop and software setup, training, and re-designing of training programs
- All staff relations functions including compliance with policies and procedures, employee personnel file organization, ongoing training, and terminations
- Assigned client relations functions such as phone calls,
- Office maintenance including managing office supply inventory, filing, short errands, repairs and maintenance, and point of contact with the property management company
- Office Equipment duties including computer/technical research for new methods/projects, new/upgrade computer program installation and troubleshooting, comparison shopping for purchases, and making repair arrangements
- Assistance to Operations Manager to track projects and staff progress
- Draft correspondences and other formal documents
- Share in office administrative duties including answering phones and greeting vendors/visitors
- Other duties commensurate with this position as assigned by either the Office Administrator, Operations Manager, or the President
- Previous recent experience in human resources, preferably for a small business
- Ability to follow directions and document specific processes
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
Required Computer Skills:
- Windows 10
- Office 365 – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat
- Web-based time and task management systems
Critical Success Factors:
- Training skills
- Organizational skills
- Decision-making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills
- Able to multi-task and manage activities with shifting priorities
- Process-oriented and systematic
- Positive and engaging personality
The position pays $25 to $35 per hour commensurate with experience and employment status.
Although health insurance is not provided, Telcom has a competitive package of other employee benefits included with employment:
- a generous 401k
- profit-sharing plan
- holiday pay (8.5 days per year)
- vacation pay
- company events
- daily hot/cold breakfast and lunch (large eat-in kitchen), daily healthy snacks, beverages (coffee, tea, lemonade, other)
- Health Insurance: While we don’t currently offer group health insurance, we offer a higher wage to account for the cost of purchasing private health insurance. Employees are under no obligation to utilize the higher than requested wages for health insurance, but most find it useful to set aside these funds for that purpose. All of the details would be something you would discuss during your interview.
Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm, with a half of an hour for unpaid lunch time. All work will be performed at the Telcom Corporation office in Boca Raton.
Training will be conducted in the Boca Raton office. Initial training will not be provided by telephone under any circumstances.
Apply for this opportunity through Zip Recruiter. Please do not call the office to inquire about the status of your application.
- We are Extensions of the Client… we are value-added support and subject matter expert partners to their organizations, and we deliver.
- We value our Client Residents… we see our Family in them, acknowledge their dependency on us, and commit to always act appropriately with urgency.
- Efficiently Going the Extra Mile… is the Standard.
- Systematic Execution and Communications… Accurate, Detailed, Constant, Consistent, Proactive, and Timely
- Passionate Lifelong Learners… we grow and learn about People, Our Company, Our Industry, Our Clients, Our Vendors, and Technology; we seek and share knowledge every day, all the time.